Are you preparing new and advancing managers and leaders to hit the ground running?
As great employees become managers and advance through the ranks, they need new skills every step of the way to be as effective as you expect.
While they are smart, talented and can work it out on their own, but these days who has valuable time to waste? Your customers don’t. Your shareholders don’t. Most importantly, your managers and leaders don’t….
The doing and thinking for leaders
From our unique experience from the big picture of strategy to the grass roots of individual performance review, we have seen the manager skills, process and behaviours that matter most. We take an education approach which means teaching not only how to do it, but how to think about it. Developed from our in-house research, guidance about an effective mindset often has the biggest impact of all, as told by those in our workshops.
The format is workshop focused, action oriented and thought provoking. We take an experiential approach which means managers and leaders will do real work that they will take back to their desk to use immediately.
Our process includes:
- Tailored Training structure aligned with your objectives – collaboratively with you, we develop a workshop structure and format that will deliver the greatest benefit for your managers and leaders needs and the business situation.
- Pre-work & homework – learning begins immediately, before the workshop starts and well after it ends. We ensure managers are well prepped so to make the best use of their valuable time. This includes the specific action steps and templates they will take away with them after the experience and back to their work.
- Workshop(s) – duration is half to full day, depending on your objectives. Face-to-face or Zoom-based options. On-going team follow-up coaching is a frequent optional addition.
- Leader development planning – define on-going actions and strategies to develop leader skills, knowledge and values. Considering your existing training and development, map how you will maintain momentum and engagement.
Trending – popular and frequently requested by our clients
- Setting goals – demystify the SMART goal. Learn the step by step of defining meaningful objectives that the team can relate to, how to define measures and know if the goals are being achieved.
- Performance review & feedback – one of the challenging tasks for a manager, to give honest and useful feedback to team members. Learn the game changing process, skills and mindset to help your team members improve. Become confident and begin to enjoy this aspect of leading the team.
- Manager skills with performance system roll-out – make sure the launch of your new system is a success. Refresh essential skills managers will need to use the new system confidently and strongly. Cover process, timeframes and change management topics.