You’ve set a direction, and now it’s time to get there. Strategy is ‘good’ only as much as it’s put into action. Give your leaders, managers and every employee the tools to do that.
Business priorities into operational action and everyone pulling in the same direction. Seasoned managers and leaders know this is where big results happen…and also where the hard work really begins. Why? Because it won’t happen on its own and you need to ‘do the work’… for it to work.
Does your company’s vision and strategy have line of sight? This means that everyone understands how they uniquely contribute to the broader business goals, both individually and collectively.
And we mean everyone – from senior to junior – knows what it means, specifically, in their work. Even better, both managers and team members – together – are tracking progress and can see how the vision is turning into action and results.
Drawn from our on-going study of best and evolving practice, we bring you process, tools and structures that are evidence based.
- We’ll help you improve your effectiveness by showing you how to weave connection and alignment into daily management and leadership.
- We’ve worked with a long list of managers and leaders, at all levels, to help them connect their focus and purpose, and then, achieve their goals.
This is where work is meaningful. Where people connect, share ideas, improve, innovate and growth occurs. Growth in your people, and in your business.
Results we help you and your leaders achieve:
- Cascading business priorities to operational plans and goals, with the ownership of the leaders across your business
- Individual performance reviews and goals to create focus and meaningful work – connect everyone’s effort to what’s important to the business
- Competency frameworks of core people skills, knowledge and behavior that will drive strategic results
- Business performance management to track progress and anticipate challenge across your whole business, inform what to do next and channel resources effectively
- Leverage a best practice Balanced Scorecard as a strategic connection point…as taught by the original creators, Kaplan and Norton…communicate, measure and track strategy into action